Re: Unexpected offsets when eliminating SP

Michael Hope <michaelh@juju.net.nz> writes:

> HI there.  I'm working on porting gcc to a new architecture which only
> does indirect addressing - there is no indirect with displacement.
>
> The problem is with spill locations in GCC 4.4.0.  The elimination
> code correctly elimates the frame and args pointer and replaces it
> with register X.  The problem is that it then generates indirect with
> offset loads to load spilt values.

It sounds like you need to use a secondary reload with a scratch
register, so that you have a register that you can set to the stack
frame address to use.  Look at the docs for TARGET_SECONDARY_RELOAD.

> Could someone point me in the right direction please?  Is it
> appropriate to ask such questions on this list?

Yes, questions about porting gcc are appropriate for this mailing list.

Ian