Re: gcc-gdb compatibilty

sumanth <sumanth.gundapneni@redpinesignals.com> writes:

> I have a small query.
> I am using gcc-4.3.3 version and gdb 5.3 version.
> Are the versions of gcc and gdb  which I am using are compatible.

This question would be better directed to gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org or to
gdb@sourceware.org.  Please take any followups there.  Thanks.

Yes, while there are of course occasional bugs and mismatches, in
general all versions of gcc and gdb are compatible.  That said, gdb 5.3
is old; it was released over five years ago.  It will ignore some of the
newer types of debugging information emitted by gcc.  The current gdb
release is 6.8, and is considerably enhanced over 5.3.  You should
consider upgrading if possible.

Ian