Re: Support question for GCC

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 6:50 PM, Nordvall, Gary  USNUNK NAVAIR 33, ,
LEGACY SERVER <gary.nordvall@navy.mil> wrote:
> GNU,
>
> Is there an end-of-support date for GCC version 4.3.0? ?I'm assisting a
> customer here at NAWCWD China Lake, California, to register software in our
> Navy database, DADMS. ?In order to use (or purchase) software, it must be
> approved in DADMS. ?One of the things we must show is proof of vendor
> support for the particular version. ?Normally with
> Commercial (COTS) software, the manufacturer has an end-of-support or
> end-of-life date, but I'm not sure how this works for free or open source
> software. ?I looked at the below links, but could not find the answer. ?Any
> help would be appreciated.

The GCC developer community does not offer support in such a sense.
A proper contact would be a re-distributor which can offer you support
contracts like for example the major Linux vendors.

Note that 4.3.0 is no longer supported by the GCC developer community
but you will be asked to reproduce an issue with GCC version 4.3.3 which
is the current bugfix release of the GCC 4.3 series.  The GCC 4.3 series
will be likely end-of-lifed at the point when GCC 4.5.0 is released.

Richard.