Re: [lto] Mainline merge @145453

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 10:44, Jan Hubicka <hubicka@ucw.cz> wrote:

> Sorry, I was actually thinking about checking if LTO saves AKA bitmaps
> and tell you, but forgot about that. ÂWhat do you mean by shared
> regions?

If EH region 3 has the AKA bitmap { 4, 5, 7, 13 } then slots 3, 4, 5 7
and 13 in the EH table will point to the same physical region.

> It wold probably be easiest to just dump the tree and after reading
> populate the region array based on AKA bitmaps?

Not really.  Reading the EH table makes it easier to reconstruct the
tree.  We emit all the regions together and replace the pointers with
indices into the EH table.  We then fixup those pointers after the EH
table has been read in.

Diego.