[SOLVED] Re: Is the testsuite broken or did I get the RUNTESTFLAGS syntax wrong?

Dave Korn wrote:
>   I thought this syntax, issued in $objdir
>
> make -k check-gcc RUNTESTFLAGS="-all gcc.dg/dg.exp=c99-stdint-*"
>
> would only run testcases that matched the pattern after the equals sign, but
> right now on trunk for me it's running everything in gcc.dg/dg.exp:

  It turns out to be the use of a path separator in the test specifier that
causes the problem.  _This_

    make -k check-gcc RUNTESTFLAGS="-all dg.exp=c99-stdint-* "

formulation DTRT.  I see that it's even documented that way in the dejagnu
overview.  Sorry for the noise.

    cheers,
      DaveK