This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ constant expressions in __attribute__
On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Joseph S. Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, Piotr Wyderski wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is it possible to allow C++ constant expressions (currently static const,
>> and C++0x constexpr in the future) to be used as __attribute__ parameters
>> in the upcomming version of GCC? In my code I have the following construction:
>
> What does C++0x say about this, if any C++0x [[]] attributes have integer
> parameters?
The current draft says no name lookup is done. I don't think that
is very useful, and the French national body submitted a defect
(in the last CD ballot) to that effect. I do not know yet whether the
comment was processed
by the C++ CWG group or what the decisions are at this point.
I also believe there is a bugzilla PR filled about this some time ago.
>
> (Not that I am impressed with the incompatibilities of C++0x attributes
> with existing practice or their ignoring all the hard issues with
> attributes that have actually come up in GCC implementation experience -
> along with the proposals having long lists of people they were discussed
> with, none of whom have been involved in any of the discussions of these
> issues with attributes in GCC.)
I may be wrong but I believe Jason Merrill had had input or participated
in the attribute discussions in the C++ CWG.
-- Gaby