This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Handling of extern inline in c99 mode


Hi, 

I find this mails here

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2006-11/msg00006.html

But i find no answer how i can do same as extern inline and get no problems
in C99 mode and other modes

I use for longer functions this code

extern __inline long func()
{
}

but when a makefile set -std=c99 then get linker error, multiple definition.

what commands gcc have and do same as extern __inline  and this way do not
clash with C99 ?

I can then change the header files.

i know static inline work, but this increase code size a lot.

Bye


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]