This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Minimum required GNAT version for bootstrap of GNAT on gcc trunk
- From: Laurent GUERBY <laurent at guerby dot net>
- To: Oliver Kellogg <oliver dot kellogg at t-online dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:16:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: Minimum required GNAT version for bootstrap of GNAT on gcc trunk
- References: <200902250510.34957.okellogg@users.sourceforge.net>
On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 05:10 +0100, Oliver Kellogg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On attempting a bootstrap of trunk r144402 with --enable-languages=c,ada,c++
> using gcc version 3.3.5 20050117 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)
> on i586 I get:
Must be quite ancient :)
> I couldn't find these Ada installation instructions.
> Any help appreciated.
4.1 works as Ada bootstrap compiler for trunk on many platforms.
The documentation says:
<<
@section Building the Ada compiler
In order to build GNAT, the Ada compiler, you need a working GNAT
compiler (GCC version 3.4 or later).
This includes GNAT tools such as @command{gnatmake} and
@command{gnatlink}, since the Ada front end is written in Ada and
uses some GNAT-specific extensions.
>>
I'm not sure 3.4 will work for trunk but I haven't seen a 3.4 compiler
in a while the branchpoint is more than 5 years old now :).
Laurent