This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Constant folding and Constant propagation


Ok, thanks for all this information and if you can dig that up it
would be nice too.  I'll start looking at that patch and PR33699 to
see if I can adapt them to my needs. Any reason why you wouldn't
recommend it?

I will keep you posted of anything I do for latter reference,
Jean Christophe Beyler

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 5:05 AM, Paolo Bonzini <bonzini@gnu.org> wrote:
> Steven Bosscher wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 7:32 PM, Adam Nemet <anemet@caviumnetworks.com> wrote:
>>> I think you really need the Joern's optmize_related_values patch.  Also see
>>> PR33699.
>>
>> I wouldn't recommend that patch, but yes: Something that performs that
>> optimization ;-)
>
> Yes, something doing that using LCM was on my list of "things to do
> after fwprop to do what CSE currently does, but better".  I never got
> round to implementing it, I think.  I had an LCM-based replacement for
> canon_reg that I wanted to use as a basis, maybe I can dig it up.
>
> Paolo
>
>


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]