Re: We should backport gcc 4.4 regression testcases to gcc 4.3 branch

H.J. Lu wrote:

> We can limit new testcases, which we backport to 4.3 branch, only
> to those  4.4 regressions against 4.3 branch. They should always
> pass on 4.3 branch by definition.

There's nothing wrong with backporting testcases to an older release
branch, but please make sure that they pass before committing them.
Otherwise, we're creating noise.  Bear in mind that some tests require
features that weren't available in older versions.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery