Re: prologue length

"Vincent R." <forumer@smartmobili.com> writes:

> To locate appropriate handlers when an exception occurs in Win32
> environments other than x86,

Note that as far as I know, gcc only supports win32 for ARM and x86
(and x86_64, I guess, or maybe that is win64).  So I assume you are
talking about ARM.

> The portion of the code that is reversed is known as the prolog of the
> function. It consists of instructions that modify the stack pointer and set
> up the stack frame immediately upon entry to the function.

Normally when I say "prologue" I include the instructions that save
registers to the stack.  Perhaps they are not included in this
description.  It would probably be possible to restrict the compiler
to always issue the stack setup instructions first for an SEH target.

Ian