Re: Use longlong.h?

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009, Joern Rennecke wrote:

> Yes, that is the longlong.h I was referring to.  I thought that it had the
> gcc library exception, so that we could simply autoconf its use in newlib.
> However, looking at the file, I see that you are correct, it is GPL without
> a library exception.
> This is not only a problem with the use in newlib I was thinking of, but
> also with its usage in gcc by libgcc, because it means that programs linked
> with libgcc have to be GPL licensed when distributed unless the user has a
> separate license from the included code from the author which allows
> distribution other licenses.

As code shared by GCC and glibc I would suggest the same license notice as
soft-fp (LGPL >= 2.1 + exception) to allow an identical file to be shared.
(Indeed, soft-fp uses this header.)  The version in GMP diverged long ago
so sharing the file with that may not be feasible.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com