Re: RFC: A new meta intrinsic header file for x86 intrinsics

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 7:38 AM, rajagopal, dwarak
<dwarak.rajagopal@amd.com> wrote:
> I agree with Michael on the naming and having separate files for AVX and
> including all the header files inside x86intrin.h.
>
> Also it would be easy for the users if we include all the instruction
> sets supported by both Intel and AMD in x86intrin.h file so that it is
> sufficient for the application developers to use only one header file
> for all the x86 based systems.

<x86intrin.h> was rejected by icc. <immintrin.h> is selected. I don't
see why you can't include AMD intrinsic header files in <immintrin.h>.
The <immintrin.h> patch is posted at

You can provide a patch against it to include AMD intrinsic header files.

--
H.J.