Re: passes description

Diego Novillo wrote:
On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 15:27, Basile STARYNKEVITCH
<basile@starynkevitch.net> wrote:

Yes, absolutely. The problem, as usual, is lack of time. Our standards for internal documentation are pretty bad and the set of people writing the documentation is always different than the set of people using the documentation.

I agree with all of Diego's comment, including the one I don't copye here.

However, I notice that some passes have good comments. Maybe it could be sensible to e.g. add a tiny markup in them and make an awk script which copy them in *.texi files. I definitely don't expect a developper/maintainer to copy them in *.texi and to keep both in sync.

-- Basile STARYNKEVITCH http://starynkevitch.net/Basile/ email: basile<at>starynkevitch<dot>net mobile: +33 6 8501 2359 8, rue de la Faiencerie, 92340 Bourg La Reine, France *** opinions {are only mines, sont seulement les miennes} ***