Re: Merging tuples branch into mainline today

> > I think that someone, though, should be committed to fixing this pass ASAP
> > after it's checked in; waiting until late August to fix it seems bad.  Is
> > there someone else who can commit to working on it as a high priority after
> > the main tuples checkin?
>
> I would obviously vote in favor of removal if the pass is unmaintained,
> but if it is agreed that it will be maintained, I can commit to working
> on it as soon as we merge.

For me, I see value of IPA struct reorg and matrix reorg passes
primarily as an example of more advanced things we really want to do in
future with our IPA framework.

Making IPA framework to work resonably well for inliner is easy, for
those passes we can test more of infrastructure - working with
datastructure layout changes, aliasing and type escape info and so.
So while the passes are probably now well in "benchmark toy" category
and they will need many changes to be useful in general, I think it is
good to have something we can test the framework at.
We now have IPCP, struct reorg and matrix reorg, IPCP is hopefully
getting closer for -O2/O3 candidate.

But given this, I don't personally see this pass as blocker at all.  I
would be even happy if there was release with this pass non-functional
before things mature enough.

Honza