Re: Recent warning regression in libstdc++-v3/libsupc++

Paolo Carlini wrote:
Hi all, hi Joseph,

on x86_64-linux I'm seeing many new warnings which didn't exist until a few days ago, see below.

Is that known? Joseph, can it have something to do with your recent libsupc++ changes?
I noticed them too. These warnings say that the unwind-cxx.h declarations of the exception ABI functions differ in the throw specification (nothrow) from those implicitly generated by the compiler (no spec).

However, a svn log shows that neither unwind-cxx.h nor except.c in the C++ frontend changed this year in a relevant way. So my guess is that the warning is what changed. Either the warning settings during compilation, or a new warning was introduced/activated in the compiler itself.

Sebastian