This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: GCC 4.1 branch closed


On Sat, 12 Jul 2008, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:

> Hi Joseph,
> 
> On Fri, 4 Jul 2008, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> > The GCC 4.1 branch is now closed and should have no further commits.  All 
> > open bugs at the 4.1.3 milestone, or marked as [4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4 
> > Regression] or similar, have been updated accordingly.
> 
> I wonder, could/should this also become a news entry on the main page?
> If you agree, I can take care of that.

I'm not convinced that closing a branch that had been dying for a long 
time, without a final release from it, is worth a news entry.

-- 
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]