Re: Trouble with gdb 6.8 on Irix

Joel Brobecker wrote:
> > If you care about GDB on mips-irix, I strongly advise caring about GCC as
> > well, or finding someone to care about it.  Right now, it is on the list
> > of targets to be deprecated in GCC 4.4 because we wish to remove fixproto
> > and it is one of the few targets still using fixproto (so someone would
> > need to stop it from using fixproto, and make fixincludes do any necessary
> > fixes fixproto does at present for this target).

> I can ask Olivier or Eric if they have some time to have a look.

 I can have a preliminary look, though I'm not familiar with the
 details of what fixproto is doing exactly on this target.

 We still care about this target today, I still have on my list to
 followup on patch adjustment suggestions issued not so long ago,
 and I'd be happy to post the testresults we had.

 Olivier