This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: executable stack in gcc shared libs?
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: pluto at agmk dot net
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>
- Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:32:35 +0000
- Subject: Re: executable stack in gcc shared libs?
- References: <gSpRER40.email@example.com>
> 21/3/2008, "Andrew Haley" <firstname.lastname@example.org> napisał/a:
>> email@example.com wrote:
>>> 21/3/2008, "Andrew Haley" <firstname.lastname@example.org> napisał/a:
>>>> I don't know for sure about libgmp, but the others don't need execstack.
>>> hmm, looks like PR libffi/28036.
>> How would this affect libgmp?
> proviously listed libgmp is a copy-paste bug,
> but i'm wondering why libffi wasn't fixed since 4.1 release?
Because no-one did it. It's simple enough to do and doesn't require
approval from all the back-ed maintainers individually.
In http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2006-12/msg00949.html Andrew Pinski
asked a question that was never answered. If doko would answer that
question, the patch could be committed.