This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: insn appears multiple times
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at tuliptree dot org>
- To: Boris Boesler <baembel at gmx dot de>
- Cc: GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:39:19 -0700
- Subject: Re: insn appears multiple times
- References: <13648662-BC7F-4388-B3E9-BB80544F8BFD@gmx.de>
Boris Boesler wrote:
insn 381 appears in the delay slot and later in another basic block
(but same function). These insns are equal but they are not the same,
two disjunct pieces of memory.
Is this possible?
Yes. Reorg calls copy_rtx to avoid having shared RTL. Unsharing the
insns means that we can do things like set flag bits in one without
accidentally changing the other.