Re: gcc-4.1-20080303 is now available

"Gabriel Dos Reis" <gdr@integrable-solutions.net> writes:

> On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 7:36 PM, Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 3 Mar 2008, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
>>  > Do we still want to keep this branch alive?
>>
>>  Looking at the changes that were made in the last three months still,
>>  it seems the branch is still surprisingly alive, so it may not yet be
>>  the time to close it.  Personally I don't have a preference either way,
>>  but I'll update our main page to reflect the current status (no new
>>  releases, among others) a bit better and if the decision is to close
>>  it down volunteer to take the necessary steps.
>
> The alternative would to be to make a final release and close it.
> We have two options.  What do people think?

My understanding is that the FSF has directed us to not make any
further GPLv2 releases.  So if we do a 4.1.3 release, the branch needs
to be converted to GPLv3.  This could be done using Nick Clifton's
script, but somebody would have to do the work.

I'm relatively agnostic on whether to do a 4.1.3 release or not.

Ian