Re: Could someone please check if FSF received papers for Intel engineers?

On 2008/3/13, Robert Dewar <dewar@adacore.com> wrote:
> J.C. Pizarro wrote:
>  > On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:44:29 -0400, David Edelsohn wrote:
>  >>      The engineers currently are not listed in the FSF copyrights
>  >> assignment file.
>  >>
>  >> David
>  >
>  > Why they've to be listed in FSF copyrights assignment file?
>  >
>  > Intel released original x86 hardware.
>  > AMD released original x86-64 hardware.
>  >
>  > Intel cloned AMD's x86-64 hardware calling it x64.
>  > AMD cloned Intel's x86 hardware doing it compatible.
>  >
>  > The software on hardware needs the hexadecimal specification
>  > of the hardware for the working of this pair software-hardware.
>  > It's the ASM description of the hardware.
>  > Otherwise, this pair won't work without knowledge of the hardware.
>  >
>  > The problem is when it will start that the hardware company want
>  > not to transfer its copyrights of hardware documents to software
>  > organization because the hardware company wants to live of the
>  > businesses of licenses and copyrightes, and of the lawyers
>  > against any software organization who didn't dealed with it.
>  >
>  > I don't understand how it's made the U.S. law. I'm paranoid in it.
>  >
>  > I did read IBM suitcases in around 198x about the separation of
>  > hardware-software. Wintel cases too.
>  >
>  >    J.C.Pizarro
>

> This is complete nonsense, I suggest you do a bit
>  of homework before sending messages to this list,
>  which are entirely off topic anyway.

$ grep -iR "intel\.com" . | sed 's/^[^<]*<\([^>]*\)>.*$/\1/g' | sort -u
timc@ibeam.intel.com
arjan@linux.intel.com
denis_nagorny@linux.intel.com
dolan@ssd.intel.com
grigory.zagorodnev@intel.com
grigory_zagorodnev@linux.intel.com
hongjiu.lu@intel.com
sunil.k.davasam@intel.com
tmcconne@sedona.intel.com
$

Are they listed in FSF copyrights assignment file?

   J.C.Pizarro