Re: [tuples] gimple_assign_subcode for GIMPLE_SINGLE_RHS

On 3/9/08 10:46 AM, Zdenek Dvorak wrote:
Hi,

So, what about adding a GIMPLE_COPY code?  The code would have 0
operands and used only for its numeric value.

another possibility would be to make GIMPLE_COPY an unary operator, and get rid of the SINGLE_RHS case altogether (of course, unlike any other unary operator, it would not require its operand to be gimple_val, so special handling might still be necessary at some places. but it might be less cumbersome),

Remember that GIMPLE_COPY *never* needs to be built as a tree node. When gimplifying something MODIFY_EXPR <VAR_DECL<a>, CONST_INT> we do not need to create a GIMPLE_COPY tree node.

We merely need to set the subcode for GIMPLE_ASSIGN to be GIMPLE_COPY:

GIMPLE_ASSIGN <GIMPLE_COPY, VAR_DECL<a>, CONST_INT>

So, making it a one operand operator is not really necessary.

Diego.