Re: Linux doesn't follow x86/x86-64 ABI wrt direction flag

Hi,

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

> > So I think gcc at least needs an *option* to revert to the old behavior,
> > and there's a good argument to make it the default for now, at least for
> > x86/x86-64 on Linux.
>
> And for other kernels. I tested OpenBSD 4.1, FreeBSD 6.3, NetBSD 4.0,
> they have the same behaviour as Linux, that is they don't clear DF
> before calling the signal handler.

Sigh.  We could perhaps insert a cld for all functions which can be
recognized as possible signal handlers and call other unknown or string
functions.  But it's probably even faster to emit cld in front of the
inline copies of mem functions again :-(

Ciao,
Michael.