This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Swing replacements
- From: Joel Dice <dicej at mailsnare dot net>
- To: geodejerry at jeffnet dot org
- Cc: gcc at gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 08:46:47 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: Swing replacements
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 3 Mar 2008, email@example.com wrote:
I have a stand-alone, non-Web-based app. that I'd like to
distribute as a .exe with some database files, to a layman
audience, and I'd like to avoid issues of JRE distribution and
compatibility, etc. So I'm hoping someone, somewhere, has
written a replacement framework for Java's GUI classes. Can
you by any chance point me in such a direction?
I haven't used it myself, but SwingWT (http://swingwt.sourceforge.net/) in
combination with SWT might be be what you're looking for. See also
(http://thisiscool.com/gcc_mingw.htm). BTW, firstname.lastname@example.org is a more
appropriate list for further discussion, at least concerning GCJ.