This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][4.3] Deprecate -ftrapv
- From: Robert Dewar <dewar at adacore dot com>
- To: Ross Ridge <rridge at csclub dot uwaterloo dot ca>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 22:29:17 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][4.3] Deprecate -ftrapv
- References: <20080303012716.BAE4073D85@caffeine.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
Ross Ridge wrote:
Ross Ridge writes:
On Unix-like systems you can catch SIGABRT, but even there how do you
tell that it didn't come from CTRL-\...
Oops, I forgot that CTRL-\ had it own signal SIGQUIT.
In fact I suspect that once you stop sighing and look
carefully, there will be ways of distinguishing the various
cases. That's certainly been our experience in the past :-)