This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Successfull build of gcc 4.2.3 with MinGW 5.13 in windows XP
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: "Weddington, Eric" <eweddington at cso dot atmel dot com>
- Cc: Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf dot Wildenhues at gmx dot de>, dju <dju at djuland dot net>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 20:34:32 -0800
- Subject: Re: Successfull build of gcc 4.2.3 with MinGW 5.13 in windows XP
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <258DDD1F44B6ED4AAFD4370847CF58D5CE8B6B@csomb01.corp.atmel.com>
- Reply-to: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
"Weddington, Eric" wrote:
> This is a very old issue. MinGW/MSYS does not support links. The easiest
> way around this is to just copy the file.
But MSYS's 'ln -s' command makes copies of files for exactly this
reason, so the question remains why it's necessary to hack it to be cp.