This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][4.3] Deprecate -ftrapv
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:05:05 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][4.3] Deprecate -ftrapv
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
Richard Guenther wrote:
This is a request to depcrecate -ftrapv which has numerous problems
making it not work as expected since a long time. As nobody seems
to have the energy to ensure it is working I propose to deprecate it
for GCC 4.3 to make it possible to remove it during 4.4 (and not
block removing libcall notes by it).
Why doesn't it work? Can it be made to work relatively easily? Do we
need functionality like this for Ada or Java?
(650) 331-3385 x713