This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: optimizing predictable branches on x86
- From: "J.C. Pizarro" <jcpiza at gmail dot com>
- To: "Nick Piggin" <nickpiggin at yahoo dot com dot au>, GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Jan Hubicka" <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 17:32:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: optimizing predictable branches on x86
- References: <email@example.com>
On 2008/2/26, J.C. Pizarro <firstname.lastname@example.org>, i wrote:
> 4. C > cmov >> jmp when it's unpredictable and has not data dependencies.
I'm sorry of my error typo, the correct is (without the "not")
4. C > cmov >> jmp when it's unpredictable and has data dependencies.
and my forgotten 3rd annotation:
* cmov is the worst when it's
predictable AND has data dependencies.