This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: bootstrap broken on mingw
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Weddington, Eric" <eweddington at cso dot atmel dot com>
- Cc: FX Coudert <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>, Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf dot Wildenhues at gmx dot de>, Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Joerg Wunsch <j at uriah dot heep dot sax dot de>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Denis Chertykov <chertykov at gmail dot com>, Anatoly Sokolov <aesok at post dot ru>, "Lamo, Jo Inge" <jo-inge dot lamo at atmel dot com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:11:25 -0800
- Subject: Re: bootstrap broken on mingw
- References: <6E32C92C-4934-4B9D-8A9D-014BFC395383@gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <3D984872-3514-40F7-A03C-9F3D44042C1B@gmail.com> <20080217131812.GA22680@ins.uni-bonn.de> <9CE23258-8493-4480-A578-B25DF37004F0@gmail.com> <258DDD1F44B6ED4AAFD4370847CF58D5B9D217@csomb01.corp.atmel.com>
Weddington, Eric wrote:
Yes, because the one provided with MSYS is from texinfo 4.3, which
GCC finds too old. Apparently, MSYS-1.0.11 will come with texinfo
4.11, but it's still labeled "technology preview" for now.
I'm in the same boat here, msys-1.0.10, texinfo 4.3.
Is it the case that if you were to install texinfo 4.11, then it would
build? If so, I think we should just add a release note that you can't
build the documentation with the standard installation of MinGW due to
this issue, and, perhaps, automatically disable building it on MinGW
Or, is it the case that the patch to use abs_srcdir means that no matter
what Texinfo you have, it's not going to work on MinGW?
(650) 331-3385 x713