This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: procedure to make MELT branch on GCC SVN?
- From: "Manuel López-Ibáñez" <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>
- To: "Basile STARYNKEVITCH" <basile at starynkevitch dot net>
- Cc: "GCC Mailing List" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 00:48:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: procedure to make MELT branch on GCC SVN?
- References: <47B8B82F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 17/02/2008, Basile STARYNKEVITCH <email@example.com> wrote:
> I am a bit confused about this "making a branch" thing; I thought that
> by definition it is some informal experiment, but I'm beginning to think
> that it might be much more formal... and I don't grasp all the details!
As far as I know, for an existing contributor (legal stuff sorted out
and write-privileges in subversion) there are 3 steps:
1. Announce it. I think you already did that.
2. Update http://gcc.gnu.org/svn.html#devbranches. This is easier than
it seems. http://gcc.gnu.org/cvs.html explains all but basically you
cvs -z 9 -d :ext:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvs/gcc co wwwdocs
cvs -q diff (to check your changes)
cvs ci htdocs/svn.html
3. Create the branch: http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/SvnBranch
These 3 steps may be performed in any order.