This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Ada: building 4.3 cross-gnattools with gcc-4.2.1
- From: Rolf Ebert <rolf dot ebert dot gcc at gmx dot de>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 22:01:34 +0100
- Subject: Ada: building 4.3 cross-gnattools with gcc-4.2.1
I am trying to build a cross compiler based on the current 4.3 snapshot
with a native compiler based on V4.2.1 (Host=mingw, target=avr).
Building the cross-gnattools fails with some errors about type mismatch
in make.adb (system.strings.string_access vs. gnat.strings.string_access).
1) Is it supposed to work? (i.e. building an Ada cross compiler 4.3 by a
2) does it work to build 4.3 cross-gnattools with the current 4.3 Ada
3) Would a patch be accepted that makes the 4.3 gnattols be compilable
by 4.2 compiler?