Re: Is anyone testing for a (cross-) target (board) with dynlinking?

Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> writes:

> Yes, I was slightly mistaken.  The manual says "Searching -rpath in
> this way is only supported by native linkers and cross linkers which
> have been configured with the --with-sysroot option."
>
> I don't remember why that exception is there.

Because in those cases it is reasonable to assume that the executable
will run in the same environment in which it is being linked (with
sysroot the -rpath refers to directories within the sysroot, at least
I hope it does).  So basically in those cases -rpath is taken to imply
-rpath-link.  But -rpath-link will still be searched first.

Ian