This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Internals for STL containers
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at suse dot de>
- To: Nick Roberts <nickrob at snap dot net dot nz>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 13:00:17 +0100
- Subject: Re: Internals for STL containers
- References: <email@example.com>
> However, _M_impl, _M_start etc are gcc internals and it might be risky for
> Emacs to rely on them. Can anyone say how likely these internals are to
> change? I'm not asking for a guarantee. It would be helpful just to know
> when they last changed as an indication of how volatile this code might be.
I would say they are pretty stable, because we have a stable ABI which
we are not going to break until C++0x: that means we can only implement
limited span changes, we cannot add data members, for example neither
change the memory layout of the classes.