This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Replying to a mailing list thread
- From: "Jonathan Wakely" <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: "Rodrigo Dominguez" <rdomingu at ece dot neu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 15:24:40 +0000
- Subject: Re: Replying to a mailing list thread
- References: <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 02/02/2008, Rodrigo Dominguez wrote:
> How do you reply to a thread in the mailing lists? The only way I can
> think of is sending an email with the same subject and copy/paste the
> thread into the email body. Will this work?
No. Just use the "reply" function of your mail program. If you send a
new email with the same subject it probably won't be considered part
of the same thread. If you reply to a previous mail (and you don't
have a broken email program) it will just work, the details are
> Will my email be added to the
> active thread (I don't want the system to create a new thread)? Is there a
> better way to do it beside copy/pasting?
Your email program should be able to include the content of the mail
you're replying to. If it can't, get a new email program.