Re: Contributing to cross-compiling

2008/1/31, Manuel López-Ibáñez <lopezibanez@gmail.com>:
> Nonetheless, if someone decided to go through the hassle of collecting
> tutorials and hints for various cross-compiling configurations in the
> wiki, I think many users will appreciate it. It is still considered by
> many to be a "dark art"[*].

The crosstool project http://kegel.com/crosstool is a humungous shell
script with configuration files that has collected a lot of the
"community wisdom" over the years about the necessary runes to build
cross-compilers for different scenarios and with different
target-cpu/gcc/glibc/OS combinations.

There is also a menu-driven spin-off project, crosstool-ng, which is
less mature but embodies the same set of knowledge.