Re: Designs for better debug info in GCC

On 21 Dec 2007 16:02:38 -0800, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
> Like it or not, the large size of debug information is a serious issue
> for many people.

Link times are hurt by large size of debugging information.  I have
many many complaints from some users of the PS3 toolchain that link
times are huge and from my investigation, found the size of the
debugging info contributed to most (if not all) of the increased link
times.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski