This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Using -mlittle-endian or -mbig-endian options....
- From: "Michael Meissner" <michael dot meissner at amd dot com>
- To: "ashish mahamuni" <ashitpro at yahoo dot co dot in>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 16:04:34 -0500
- Subject: Re: Using -mlittle-endian or -mbig-endian options....
- References: <890571.85786.qm@web94110.mail.in2.yahoo.com>
On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 09:55:24AM +0000, ashish mahamuni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on Intel i686 machine
> I've Hello_World.c file.
> When I give following command compiler gives error
> that Invalid Option.
>
> gcc -mlittle-endian Hello_World.c
> or
> gcc -mlittle-endian Hello_World.c
>
> I am using 4.2 version of gcc (Latest one I guess).
> How can I use this options?
The x86 port does not support -mlittle-endian or -mbig-endian options (the -m
options are machine/port specific). Note, all x86's are little endian, so you
don't need the switch in this case. The -mlittle-endian switch is available on
ports that support both little endian and big endian, such as the ARM, MIPS,
POWERPC, etc.
--
Michael Meissner, AMD
90 Central Street, MS 83-29, Boxborough, MA, 01719, USA
michael.meissner@amd.com