Re: Git and GCC

Some interesting stats from the highly packed gcc repo.  The long chain
lengths very quickly tail off.  Over 60% of the objects have a chain
length of 20 or less.  If anyone wants the full list let me know.  I
also have included a few other interesting points, the git default
depth of 50, my initial guess of 100 and every 10% in the cumulative
distribution from 60-100%.

This shows the git default of 50 really isn't that bad, and after
about 100 it really starts to get sparse.

Harvey

1:	103817	103817	10.20%	1017922
2:	67332	171149	16.81%
3:	57520	228669	22.46%