Re: Git and GCC

Vincent Lefevre wrote:
It's surprising that you don't mention svk, which is based on top
of Subversion[*]. Has anyone tried? Is there any problem with it?
I must agree with Ismail's reply here. We have used svk for our internal development for about two years, for the reason of easy mirroring of gcc trunk and branching from it locally. I would not complain about its speed, but sometimes we had problems with merge from trunk, ending up with e.g. zero-sized files in our branch which were removed from trunk, or we even couldn't merge at all, and I had to resort to underlying subversion repository for merging. As a result, we're currently migrating to mercurial.

Andrey