This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Git and GCC
- From: "Ollie Wild" <aaw at google dot com>
- To: "Daniel Berlin" <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Cc: "Ismail Dönmez" <ismail at pardus dot org dot tr>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 11:36:24 -0800
- Subject: Re: Git and GCC
- References: <email@example.com>
On Dec 5, 2007 11:08 AM, Daniel Berlin <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> So I tried a full history conversion using git-svn of the gcc
> repository (IE every trunk revision from 1-HEAD as of yesterday)
> The git-svn import was done using repacks every 1000 revisions.
> After it finished, I used git-gc --aggressive --prune. Two hours
> later, it finished.
> The final size after this is 1.5 gig for all of the history of gcc for
> just trunk.
Out of curiosity, how much of that is the .git/svn directory? This is
where git-svn-specific data is stored. It is *very* inefficient, at
least for the 184.108.40.206 version I'm using.