This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Describing commercial support on our website
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot COM>
- Cc: David Daney <ddaney at avtrex dot com>, Manuel López-Ibá ñez <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>, Ben Elliston <bje at au1 dot ibm dot com>, Ankur Gupta <ankur17 at gmail dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Ankur Gupta <ankurgupta at acmet dot com>
- Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 19:32:24 -0800
- Subject: Re: Describing commercial support on our website
- References: <6c33472e0711281608t37d0f9b6m71d5820d1765c766@mail.gmail.com> <20071129221317.GB20723@synopsys.com> <6c33472e0711300653t78654d75u483f72308cb5137a@mail.gmail.com> <20071130175209.GA10692@synopsys.com> <47505067.1020601@avtrex.com> <20071130180914.GC10692@synopsys.com>
Joe Buck wrote:
> I suggest killing the file; we could later establish a consultants web
> page for gcc.gnu.org but we could treat that as a separate issue.
I suggest killing the file as well.
I'm certainly honored that CodeSourcery is being used as an example of a
company that works on GCC in this thread. But, I'm not very keen on
replacing the SERVICE file with some kind of listing on gcc.gnu.org,
either.
I've always thought it was a good thing that we kept the GCC site and
mailing lists non-commercial. While various participants in GCC
development work for companies that compete in the marketplace (whether
for GCC business, for design wins, for operating system business, or
whatever), we are, in the context of the GCC web site, we are
collaborators aiming towards the common goal of a great free compiler.
I'd rather let people who want customization, support, etc. use other
means to figure out who provides those services. Then we don't have to
worry about who's listed in what order on the web site, etc.
--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery
mark@codesourcery.com
(650) 331-3385 x713