Re: GCC 4.3 release schedule

>> Why isn't the main page for build reports updated ?
>
> Will do.
>
>> It *looks* like no one ( me too ) is getting clean builds.
>
> The GCC 4.2.x compiler is in pretty good shape on SPARC/Solaris, modulo the
> libgomp problems on Solaris 10 with the Sun tools.  You need to use the GNU
> tools if you care about OpenMP on Solaris 10.

I think the problem is that I am using Sun ONE Studio 8 on Solaris 8 to
build. My assumption here is that once GCC runs well on Solaris 8 Sparc v7
then it will run on any furture release of either Solaris or Sparc CPU
hardware. At least that is what the ABI says and it works.

The issue that I ran into was related to the stage 2 GCC compiler binary
getting CFLAGS options that were intended for the Studio 8 cc compiler. For
some obscure reason ( to me ) I am able to get a bootstrap of GCC 4.21. on
the same machine with that same environment vars in place but not with GCC
4.2.2.

I'll start digging .. again.

Dennis