Re: cannot pass objects of non-POD type

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:37:50 -0700
"Andrew Pinski" <pinskia@gmail.com> wrote:

> What exactly does that mean?  Do we pass it as a String or as a "b"?
> This is the reason why non-POD through variable arguments is
> undefined.

True, but this relies on "b" being a virtual class.
The case I had was very simple, purposely so.

While for complex objects, passing them could be a disaster,
in this case it is a simple clean construction that is useful.

I'm working on porting approximately a million lines
of code (which also must remain working on the original
platform), and the pun (using a struct/class containing a
single data member which is a pointer to char, and not
containing a vtab) is pervasive throughout. It would be
really nice if I didn't have to do thousands of changes
like:
 Format("%s", Object)
becoming
 Format("%s", (char *)Object));