Re: df_insn_refs_record's handling of global_regs[]

On 10/19/07, David Miller <davem@davemloft.net> wrote:
> From: "Seongbae Park (박성배, 朴成培)" <seongbae.park@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 17:25:14 -0700
>
> > If you're not in a hurry, can you wait
> > till I run the regtest against 4.2 on x86-64 ?
> > I've already discussed the patch with Kenny
> > and we agreed that this is the right approach,
> > but I'd like to see the clean regtest on x86 for both 4.2 and 4.3
> > before I approve.
> > Thanks,
>
> I am in no rush, please let me know if you want some help
> tracking down the failure you are seeing.
>
> Since you say it is a libgomp failure... I wonder if some of
> the atomic primitives need some side effect markings which
> are missing and thus exposed by not clobbering global regs
> at call sites any more.

It looks like it's just a flaky test - it randomly fails on my test machine
with or without the patch (for interested, it's omp_parse3.f90  with -O0).
I haven't started 4.2 testing yet - I'll let you know when I get that done.
--
#pragma ident "Seongbae Park, compiler, http://seongbae.blogspot.com";