Re: GCC plugin - was: Official Inclusion of GCC Extension Modules (Or similar)

On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 11:40 +1000, Brendon Costa wrote:

> Thank you for the information. It sounds like this is almost what I am
> looking for. I require hooks into the C GENERIC transformation stage
> (before GENERIC is transformed into GIMPLE). The paper mentioned that
> this is not yet done but may be added as a future improvement.

Yes, there is no reason why the plugins could not be extended to other
aspects of the compiler (eg. RTL passes, pass manager, etc).

> I might look a bit more into this branch. It looks great. Does anyone
> know if this is the best place to direct any questions or thoughts if
> i have any or should i email Sean directly?

If you think it would be of interest to the rest of the list, I see no
reason (given the level of interest in the topic at the GCC Summit) that
you couldn't use this list.  If it gets too off-topic, someone will let
you know.  :-)

Cheers, Ben