Re: need help with builtin function prototypes

DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com> writes:

> Is there a trick to this?  I need this type of functionality because
> some builtins modify multiple values, so a simple return value is
> insufficient, plus this worked with older versions of gcc so our users
> are used to it syntax-wise.

I've never found a good solution for builtins which return multiple
values.  The best approximation I found was to return a magic
structure, and to provide other builtin functions to get the values
from the structure (defining the structure in the backend was
problematic when using C++).

It doesn't sound like that will help you, though, if you are stuck
with the existing syntax.

Ian