Re: How to make use of instruction scheduling to improve performance?

"吴曦" <wu.andrew.xi@gmail.com> writes:

> Sorry, I didn't find that pass in gcc 4.1.1. This pass is added in the
> newest gcc?

I see from your later message that you found it.

> > allocation.  It means that the prologue and epilogue instructions are
> ~~~~~~~~~~
> As you have indicated, this pass happens after register allocation, I
> want to allocate register rather than dedicating register to do the
> instrumentation calculation, are there any hints to do this?
>
> > added to the RTL, so that the second scheduling pass can see them.

The prologue and epilogue will include load and store instructions.
If you want to instrument them, then you need to run after prologue
and epilogue generation.  Perhaps you don't need to instrument those
particular loads and stores, or perhaps you can run your
instrumentation pass twice.

Ian