RE: Help required on use of gcc on SFU 3.5

Hi Naren
>From the description that you just gave me, it looks like you aren't doing anything special, just compiling a simple hello world program on SFU3.5.
The only known issues wrt to this is that you might have DEP(Data Execution Protection) enabled which could be causing this.  We have recently issued a QFE to one of our customers for this. So pls verify if you have that enabled, disable it and try once more. If that works for  you, I will loop you with our support who will point you to the QFE which allows you to compile with DEP enabled.

Thanks
Mayank

From: Naren Santanam (Information Technology) [mailto:NarenSantanam@capitecbank.co.za]
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 3:43 PM
To: Mayank Kumar
Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Help required on use of gcc on SFU 3.5

Hi Mayank,
I was reading through a lot of emails that were answered by you on the gnu forum for gcc. I have been trying to use the gcc to compile some c programs, but havent been able to.
Well, here's my set up:
Windows XP SP2
SFU 3.5  (with the default version of gcc installed).
When i attempt to compile a simple "hello world " c program, here's the output :
$ gcc.exe -v -da -Q abcd.c
Reading specs from /opt/gcc.3.3/lib/gcc-lib/i586-pc-interix3/3.3/specs
Configured with:  : (reconfigured)  : (reconfigured) /dev/fs/C/gnu2.intel/egcs.s
ource//configure --verbose --prefix=/opt/gcc.3.3 --disable-shared --with-stabs -
-enable-nls --with-local-prefix=/opt/gcc.3.3 --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --enabl
e-targets=i586-pc-interix3 --enable-threads=posix
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.3
 /opt/gcc.3.3/lib/gcc-lib/i586-pc-interix3/3.3/cc1 -v -D__GNUC__=3 -D__GNUC_MINO
R__=3 -D__GNUC_PATCHLEVEL__=0 abcd.c -dumpbase abcd.c -da -auxbase abcd -version
 -o /tmp/cc5yiaKf.s
gcc.exe: Internal error: Segmentation fault (program cc1)
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
Would you be able to tell me if there are any settings that need to be changed or about any known issues on this ?
Thanks,
Naren.
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments relating to the official business of Capitec Bank Limited (Capitec) are proprietary to Capitec. It is confidential, legally privileged and protected by law. Capitec does not own and endorse any other content. Views and opinions are those of the sender unless clearly indicated as being that of Capitec.

The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient. Please notify the sender immediately if it has unintentionally reached you and do not read, disclose or use the content in any way.

Capitec cannot assure that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that it is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.