Re: Creating gcc-newbies mailing list

Laurent GUERBY wrote:
On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 17:13 -0400, Diego Novillo wrote:
Or maybe this is not a good idea, but I have certainly seen some folks
that complain about our less than friendly practices.

Alternative would be to keep gcc@ and document that emails with subject tag [BEGINNER] should not be answered by unfriendly developpers (who can filter them out easily) and should be answered as quickly and friendly as possible by those who care :).

Laurent

I must say that my impression is that beginner *developers* get good/polite answers and indeed I think people usually go out of their way to help. This is the way it should be, and if there are exceptions, we should work on eliminating them. In particular, if you see an answer that you think is unhelpful to a would-be developer, step in and help!

People asking *language* questions are often told to go
elsewhere, and that's reasonable. Actually my complaint there
would be that too often, people on this list answer such off
topic questions (which is fine), and copy the answers to the
list (which is not so fine, since it causes more off-topic
posts).

I really see no reason for change here.